EFI Concerned Citizens’ Meeting
Monday, March 17, 2008
Chaired by: Amanda Cockshutt, Diana Hamilton and Matt Litvak.
- Information was presented on the CBC Forum on French instruction at the Capital Theatre.
- Diana and Matt did a brief review of the errors in the Lee/Kroll report.
Discussed were options for immediate action:
- Media blitz.
- Letter writing blitz. All were asked to send a print letter (not electronic) to all MLAs, Kelly Lamrock, the Premier and to copy all correspondence to the blog.
- Continue with Marshview Middle School petition started by Rosemary Cockshutt
- E-mail Mount A students to inform them of the report and changes to EFI
- Protest in Fredericton
- Identify a unifying slogan
- Demand the resignation of the Minister of Education
- Revisit the provincial charter on bilingualism
- Revisit the federal Heritage Act
- Blitz each MLA office in the province
- Investigate the legalities that there was no disclaimer on the EFI application sent to Kindergarten parents: Does this constitute a signed contract?
- Investigate the possibilities of litigation as an intention to mislead the public
- Investigate the necessary changes to the Education Act
- Lobby Liberal Memramcook MLA, Bernard LeBlanc for support
- Parent petition
- Contact all New Brunswick MPs for support as there may be a federal election soon, particularly Dominic LeBlanc
- Investigate the impact that the loss of EFI will have on Sackville’s designation as a Cultural Capital
- Contact the NB Ombudsman office
Concrete ideas to move on immediately:
Protest in Fredericton
Tintamarre March in Sackville